LF: Re: CFH?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CFH?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:40:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike, yes that is CFH, It has been active with occasional "offs" for
about a week now, with this multiple sub-carrier type system. It looks from
your pic as though there was data on the lowest "channel" last night.
Previous nights and certainly when it first appeared here last night it was
just the lines. I have a plot of last night, and whilst there was a lot of
deep fading in the middle of the night the level reached an almost record
peak of over 40dBuV here at one stage before dawn. The plot will be posted
to my propagation page soon. I think out Trans-Atlantic friends are
beginning to suffer from its "spread" like some stations suffer the effects
of Lessay, Sylt and DCF39 in Europe.
It does confirm that conditions are quite good at the moment and improving,
but there is a cloud on the horizon as there was an M5 flare early
yesterday.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]
www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk/latest.htm