LF: LF-Activity Day 18th/ 19th of September 2004. The aerial

To: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa DK8ND" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF-Activity Day 18th/ 19th of September 2004. The aerial
From: "Hans-Albrecht Haffa" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:31:47 +0200
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], "py2zx" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Group, Dear Lowfers, now follows a brief description of the draft of our aerial used on our Long-Wave-Activity Day on September 18th/19th. We will use a mast about 22 meter heigth, diameter about 70 m and an auxiliary mast in parallel and a pulley, fabricated once upon a time by late German Democratic Republic or its BIG BROTHER. On top of the construction four spokes of a fibre glass telescopic mast (supplier DK 9 SQ, Ebersbach, cba), length about 10 m each spoke, in the centre the spokes are fixed to the mast by a cross of alumina-profiles, about 3 m long. About 1,5 m above the spokes will be another cross, carrying guy wires to support the fiber glass spokes. The guy fires and the wires fixed paralles to the spokes will be teflon-litz or twin wire used for army outdoor telephones. This construction looks similar to a Quad element made of four spokes with 10 m length. Wether we can use a wire around all four spokes like in a Quad antenna we will try. The base of the mast is insulated, below the mast we will put about 15 radials of 50 m length made of the mentioned telephone-wire. For a calculus with programme "TANT.EXE" use "poor conductivity of ground", and an input power of 70 W/60 Ohm. The capacitive top hat is the difference to the aierial used in the last year. We hope to use it also for Top Band operation, when there is no more activity on LF. The antenna we use this year is constructed by Rainer, DK 7 SU and Norbert, DJ 3 TU. Insulated base mount, the crossing junctions and the tuning coil with the moving coil variometer are made by Rainer. We will make the last check of the construction on Saturday 4th of September, while the Crew is running the VHF/UHF-Contest of IARU-Region 1.
Please have a look on the homepage of Our Club section:

www.darc.de/distrikte/p/41 or just try with google.com: DARC P41

Looking forward to this Club event  I hope all of You will be ready for
transmit and receive operation in cw, QRSS3 cw and slow- Hell , that we can
receive only by Spectrolab.

55/73
Hans-Albrecht Haffa
DK 8 ND