Re: LF: Re: RE: Key Clicks

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Key Clicks
From: "Scott Tilley, VE7TIL" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:45:03 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Quoting captbrian <[email protected]>:

I cannot think why there
should be a connection between a curve of statistical  random distribution
and a modulation curve for least harmonic production...but then Maths was
never a natural gift...I found it hard work...
In optics the holy grail is often getting the system to maintain or produce a
gaussian profile... If the profile is non-gaussian all kinds of problems can
develop from not being able to find the center of the beam to inaccuratly
locating the beam because of the distorted profile(that's what I do for a day
job :) I would imagine the use of the term here is a simularity in the
concept applied to a lower frequency electrical system as a guassian like
profile would have smoother 'edges.' But the skinny is that gaussian curves
show up in areas where you'd least expect them...
73 Scott