LF: re Loran

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re Loran
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:25:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all, I just misclicked a URL and picked up the following rather worrying
info from the International Loran Association page.....I could be that they
think Ireland is still in the UK !! I cannot see much point in a UK station
when it is adequately covered from the other transmitters. Full story at
http://www.loran.org/. The indication in the earlier paragraph is that the
"UK will install a transmitter in the fall" !! (dated July 2004)
Implications for eLoran's Future

The last several years have brought a tremendous interest in eLoran's
potential, and the realization of this potential will have major
implications in two areas. First, there will be an expansion of eLoran
systems internationally. More areas of the world will be covered by eLoran,
and eLoran will be used for more applications in those areas (e.g. the use
of precise timing signals from the new UK transmitter). Second, there will
be an intense period of integrated eLoran/GNSS user equipment development,
as evidenced by GPS/Loran integration work already underway for aviation,
marine, and timing applications.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK