LF: Re: F6BWO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: F6BWO
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:51:38 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
don't despair, some of us newbies are looking speculatively at the sky and the lawn and working out how to fill each with wire and remembering how nice valves are on ye olde LF rx's and studying a tx kindly donated by a pundit guru who lives not that far from this bit of Sussex.

Bryan G3GVB

Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 2:21 PM
Subject: LF: F6BWO

The only activity seen this past couple of weeks has been F6BWO. Active this morning on 137.7 khz solid O copy also seen last week about the same time calling CQ without any response.
It seems LF activity has virtually ground to a halt, certainly not worth all the effort to engineer and set up a station these days.
The novelty of LF as gone away apart from a few stragglers, activity is unlikely to reach the peak of a few years ago when the 137 khz band was released to amateurs.
I listen periodically daytime and early evenings and if anyone wants a report I will work xband 7025 khz approx avoiding QRM.
mode CW.

73 de Mal/G3KEV