LF: FW: freq shift of DCF42

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: FW: freq shift of DCF42
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:29:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I'm passing this to the group as requested.

Dave G3YXM

________________________________

From: fao eenhoorn [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: 22 July 2004 14:47
To: [email protected]
Subject: freq shift of DCF42

DR OM,

Since 17-7-2004 I have noticed an irregular frequency shift on the pilot carrier of the german DGPS transmitter (DCF42),
nominally  122.5 KHz.  In the past, it  was always coherent
with other accurate LF-sources.
The shift is about  .74 Hz +/- .01 Hz downward.
It was verified by Markus Vester, DF6NM.
Although it could be intentional, I suspect a fault at the transmitting
site, with possible consequences to the system 's accuracy.
It looks pesistent since yesterday, 22-7.
I have tried contacting the site through internet, without success up to now.
Does anybody know more, or how to address the site?

Anjo Eenhoorn PA0ZR
tel 0252214541
[email protected]

Can you post this in the rsgb lf reflector?