LF: CLICK

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: CLICK
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:19:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I have been using a YXM modified design PA for years and todate no FETs zapped. I use 4 fets and run up to 800W out and have been higher but my PSU is the limiting factor. I use around 18 volts key down, solid PSU transformer. The current is heavy but not a problem, no ringing, buzzing etc.
I also have 2 Decca Jeeps (5501) they also run cool but I prefer to use my home built system. I have used old TV line cores to see what difference it makes and they work just as well as the 3c80 cores.
I prefer normal CW but have used QRS 60 by request for transatlantic,  the FET'S  and the LPF components run cool, barely warm.  I do use a fan on the PA and another on the LPF.
Cannot understand why so many are having problems.
I do make a point of having the antenna properly resonant and matched on the required frequency. My antenna base loading inductor is around 0.3 mH for the Vertical.
There is a trick about how to wind the PA transformer, it seems I am the only one that knows about it, although having tried the  conventional way it worked fine.

73 de G3KEV