RE: LF: ZL Tests 26 June

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: ZL Tests 26 June
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:36:45 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
We successfully conducted a 7Mhz/137Khz qso last night between 3d2kl/zm2e. LF Signals were strong from switch on and 1 hour before dusk in Fiji signals were too strong (!!). Speeds were slowed in the end to dot3 and straight CW mode as I had problems (mine!) reading the dfcw. Now I realise I should have reduced rx/argo gains - Ill know better next time. Signals from ZM2E were 559, reports and they were having more difficulty with my 40m SSB signal! Signals continued to build until a test message at 15 wpm CW were fully 559 in Pacific harbour Fiji. More details later but an early test on LSB SSB from ZM2E to me here were unsuccessful - I had to go for food and wine early so Ive left the rx on and will look at the signals when I get to the shack (sending this from a coffee shop).

Nothing from Ed overnight - no sgn on DCf39 at all

This will be the last day I will look for Hifer signals as I will switch the rx to listen on LF for the next 5 days and nights whilst we are away on another island - ill centre the rx on XFX/XES/DCF39 and 137.8 areas and will review captures when I get back.

More later....

laurence 3d2kl