LF: Re: Earthing systems

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Earthing systems
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:07:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
You've changed his uF to nF.

Are the radials insulated ?

Are the radials grounded at the 'inboard' end?

If insulated and not inboard grounded then: IF a 45' buried wire is series
resonant with .047uF at 136 (which I doubt) then he has two quarter waves in
series fed at the centre and capacity coupled to earth at one end.[Ugh!] The
outer of the feeder coax not at earth potential ?

I wish someone cleverer than I would comment on the capacitance to earth of
buried wires (such capacitance is in parallel with his .047 and the effect
of the earth on buried  wires' inductance.

I wish Ed would tell us how he determined the 'resonance' of his radials

Like you I applaud his experimental energy but suspect the results may be
the esult of misleading measurements.

Bryan G3GVB