LF: G3ldo's noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3ldo's noise
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:46:52 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Another thought which might be relevant. I was struck by the relationship with telephone lines. A few years ago I had a box installed by the "telephone company who used to be a post office" that created 2 telephone lines out of one (they still made me pay for two) and which I eventually realised was a major noise source on 80 metres. It had a boolean logic which went something like: No lines in use = No Noise, No.1 line in use = noise burst approx every 2 secs, No2 line in use = noise burst approx every 2 secs, Nos. 1 & 2 lines in use = slow (5 - 10 wpm) random morse (or something similar). It went away when I eventually complained and they came and dug a hole and did the job properly so I could have ISDN. So I wonder if the LDO noise has a similar provenance

Pat G4GVW