LF: receivers frg100 - another one to add to the list

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: receivers frg100 - another one to add to the list
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:12:34 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
After about a months testing here Im very happy with the frg100 - well on LF 137Khz anyway. Its pretty hot sensitivity and stability wise and doesnt seem fazed with high temps or local bcast stations. Certainly equal or better than the ts850sat in that area.

Im not using the txco and temps in the KL1x have been anything from 45F to 100F, as our air conditioning failed for about a week. I didnt see much change in freq stability, certainly useable at dot 60. The noise blanker is OK, but nothing beats the ts870 on that score. The only mods I would like to do is to be able to turn off the AGC, and extend the frequency range below 130Khz. If anyone has the extended rx mod Id like to hear from you. Ill get into the agc mod this week sometime.

The above offered in case one comes begging. It will be my receiver of choice for Fiji and HF TX for X band will be a 706MK1.

Laurence KL1X
http://myweb.cableone.net/flow

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/