LF: G0MRF-TX SWR protection circuit

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G0MRF-TX SWR protection circuit
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 09:26:57 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

With the transmitter working well now, I need to check the protection
systems.
Current protection works good and turned out to be very fast.

I have some troubles in adjusting the SWR protection circuit.
With no load after the filter, so when antenna is not connected for example,
the drain-current is very low, and so the output.
Anyway, I found it difficult to adjust the SWR-circuit as the variable
resistors
seems to effect each other.
I wonder if anyone has tips about this.

Long duration high power tests will be done later....
Running two IRFP260N FET's, which much must be
capable of handling 11A current easy.......
Although not recommended I will try and see what happens with 550W
input......
In worst case I have to replace them......

73
Dick, pa4vhf