LF: Questions about (G0MRF) 136kHz transmitter

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Questions about (G0MRF) 136kHz transmitter
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:53:22 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello all,

Finally I got all the important components to get started with G0MRF's
transmitter, as published in Radcom Jan-2003.

I still have some questions left, and as I don't want to re-invent the
wheel,
I hope others can answer them.

First of all the FET's used.
The original design uses 2 times 34NB20 FET's Vds200V/Id 34A, Rds(on) <0,075
Ohm

I don't have them, but I can replace them by IRFP260N or IRFP360

The figures for a IRF360 are: 400V/23A Rds 0.2Ohm

I'll plan to run the stuff on 50Volt.
The IRF360 has an higher Vds but also a litle higher Rds, I wonder if the
Rds has
an effect on the output power.

Second and more important question is about the output transformer.
I don't have the original 3C90 core, so I'm planning to use the core of an
old computer monitor for this.
Did any of you do this before on the G0MRF's design, and if so I would like
to know if there was any difference in number of turns used.
I guess the amount of power greatly depends on this output transformer,
so that makes it to one of the important parts of the project........
Maybe the number of turns might also be dependend in some kind of way to
the type of FET's used.

73 Dick, pa4vhf