LF: RE: Re: 136 Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: 136 Antenna
From: "G4WGT - Gary" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:32:29 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John & LF,

Nice to hear from another experimenter, HI.

I have been making gradual improvements to the station & antenna over that
past year or so.
To make use of the few web sites with grabbers running is of course to first
know the web page address & also know that the grabber is running, then
whilst transmitting a test signal you can go on the internet & look at the
page with the grabber running, the main one I use is the one provided by
Dick (G3YXM) which is usually running at weekend showing screen shots from
Argo using 3 second dot length updated at 15 minute intervals, Dick will
also run the grabber at other times by e-mail request possibly using the LF
Group as an e-mail medium.

These screen grabs are at http://www.wireless.org.uk/grab/

There is another site in Portugal run by Brian (CT1DRP) but I can never get
onto the site (other users do because they produce the screen shots from
there on here).

That address is
http://<http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~brian/ArgoGrab/Argo_grab.htm

I have also looked for my signals at a site set up by Sam (RN6BN) but I
think I am being a bit optimistic there.

The site is at http://iq.73.ru/capt.jpg

I feel that I should put my hand on the key & have some QSO's using normal
CW but it has been so long since I used CW (about 18 years) that my
confidence has gone & I need to build that up again, the digital QSO (QRS3
etc) would not be a problem. I have noticed & it does seem (as some of the
136 users have conveyed to me) that no one appears to send CW fast anyway
but I am still finding it difficult to make a normal CW call.

Keep in touch.

73

Gary - G4WGT