LF: Re: Ionospheric doppler ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Ionospheric doppler ?
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:27:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Marek SQ5BPM wrote:

I think that the accuracy will never be sufficient for this kind of
measurement.

Manuel Santos Greve wrote:

I think you must make the comparation, but not whith the Conrad Clock. You
musk take the pulse make from the RF signal in 77,5 KHz.

Marek and Manuel,

thanks for your comments. You are both right, of course, but my main goal wasn't that of using the 1pps signal to discipline an oscillator. For this I will use a GPS as soon as I will have installed the antenna on my roof. I tried here in the basement, but, as sensitive as the
antenna + receiver may be, absolutely nothing  :-)
It was more of a "divertissement", I just wanted to check the accuracy of that timing. Seeing that it varied slowly around a central point, I thought (wrongly) that the cause could
be attributed to the ionosphere.  Now I know better...

73  Alberto  I2PHD