LF: Re: Good copy G0MIN

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Good copy G0MIN
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:39:29 EST
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 3/6/04 12:23:31 AM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Hi Dave good copy here this evening at about 2115 and again around 2200 from
G0MIN. Nice to hear the call on the band again. Unfortunately I did not hear
you working anything. Maybe the band has to wake up to the idea of activity
on a friday night again. The noise here was appalling but of course you were
well above it (In fact beating with the "burblies" to gibe to 200Hz
sidebands !! probably sound-card overload.)

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]

Hello Alan.

Thanks for the report. As my DDS is still in Scotland with GM4PLM  we were using the TX from the Rad Com article with it's VXO.

Actually we had quite a good night at the radio club. Put out one CQ and received a reply from Werner ON6ND. Good signal from him at 589. My first QSO in ages!

By 2200 we had found ourselves on Dave's 'grabber' and seen YU7AR up at the top of the band along with a G4 and an SM.   Antenna current on the club antenna reached a maximum of 2.5 amps which was quite good for the little 28V 10A PSU. I guess the earth wires haven't all corroded away after all.

Thanks again

73

David   G0MRF

I must remember to bring the QRS interface next time as it would have been nice to switch modes.....Oh well.