LF: G0MIN or good things come to those who wait.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G0MIN or good things come to those who wait.
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:58:00 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>

Some time ago my local club station at Whitton operated 73 and 136kHz on a Friday night.
This was a great learning experience for the club members as usually something dramatic would happen. Unfortunately we had to close the LF operation as some fast growing conifers became entangled with the antenna. As they belonged to the church next to the community centre there wasn't very much we could do.........G0MIN QRT!

6 months ago some nasty looking cracks appeared in one of the community centre's walls and after an inspection the local authority decided the trees were responsible.

Earlier this week 6 trees were felled and we now have an unobstructed wire 250 feet long with the far end attached to the church 90ft AGL.

So from next week we'll be back on a Friday evening with something between 500mW and 1W  ERP.   Yippee  It's been too long.

73

David   G0MRF