LF: T/A 28/29th

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: T/A 28/29th
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:04:17 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Joe good copy last night. First signs as the local noise subsided was an
"M" at -0130ish then "O" right through to the end of the last string seen
finishing at about 0645z. There was a deep fade which took out the last
three dashes of the "1" at around 0400z. It is interesting that looking at
Steve Dove's trace of DCF39 he shows a deep fade also at about 0345z. I
think this is a manifestation of what I call the "boing" effect. I think the
ionosphere is "ringing" after the collision yesterday with the CME from the
X-Class flare. You can see a very rapid fading with a period of about 15
minutes on Steve's plot. There are probably lots of harmonics and the they
all added to give a multipath extinction at around 0400z. I picked a program
up from one of the Univ Iono-physics sites which draws a pictiure of a
"ringing" sphere....very pretty !!

Good Show
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]