RE: LF: Test failed...

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Test failed...
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:30:11 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
So John (W1TAG) was right with his second guess.
However it is interesting that the 135 m tower was used on 1097 kHz (273 m wavelength), so it acted as a lambda/2 monopole. Since such antenna is high impedance (typical 1200 Ohm) the decoupling impedances of the light cables should be high too (probably several up to 10 kOhm at 1097 kHz). If it is non resonant (inductance only) then it should be still over 1000 Ohm at 136 kHz. But if the decoupling is resonant the impedance at 136 kHz may be as less as a few Ohm. It is likely that all 4 lamps are fed through a single decoupler, if you have access to that you can try to replace it by a one that is suitable on 136kHz.

73, Rik ON7YD