LF: Re: "T" versus "L"aerial

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: "T" versus "L"aerial
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:03:09 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dick PA0SE,

Fine on the test result.  As you stated, the tested T has twice the amount of top loading wire (2x 20 metres) than the L (1x 20 metres).

It would be interesting to know if a T is better than an L for constant length top loading i.e. what the difference is if the upwire joins at the end or the middle of the horizontal top wire (theory suggests the T is better as there is minimal horizontally polarised component).

73, Bob ZL2CA