[no subject]

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:08:37 -0900
Sender: <[email protected]>
27th December

Q Signal first detected 0800Z, by 1014Z signal became strong for an hour or so, then periods of deep fades and peaks. Looks like "off" as advertised close to 1500-1530Z

From 1515Z, and till the loss of signal at 1634Z all signals lines inc
loran became phase unstable/dopplerfied.

This instability normally indicates that the signal(s) are encountering the active Auroral particle zone. I see the Au levels have been as high as "9" over the past 12 hours. I also see from my local HAARP site that PC1 and ULF signals were present over the period and sub storm noise is increasing - not a lot globally but enough to hit us up here.

Lines became quiet again by 1708Z

http://www.kl1x.com/27th1600Znoisey.jpg shows the noisey period and off/on period between 1500-1530Z -

Transpolar to Europe was poorer last night with DCF some 20-30db down from the previous night, and I cant hear DCF at the moment - No 185Khz signals seen and Radio 4 198Khz was way down too.

Laurence KL1X Anchorage
...and it was going so well too!

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work  and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx