Re: LF: Spam.....sad...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Spam.....sad...
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:20:33 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan and the group,

  I was thinking along about the same lines... so I take this opportunity to do a shameless
advertising for a new (almost) program that can prove useful for all those who are in soldering
mode (or mood) and are playing with the idea of building a phasing exciter that, starting
from an I/Q audio carrier, could generate a 137 kHz signal with an upconversion without
worries for image rejection. This program will generate the needed baseband I/Q audio,
and, as a plus (due to its original purpose), offers also an audio spectrum analyzer.

To download it goto http://www.weaksignals.com/bin/tcube_092.exe
It has been tested by John Andrews W1TAG with professional gears, resulting, across the
range 53 - 10000 Hz, in a THD of 0.025% and a phase angle between I and Q of
90 plus/minus 0.02 degrees.

There is no help file, along I2PHD's tradition  :-), but its working is intuitive, and anyway I
am available for any doubts that could arise.

73  Alberto  I2PHD
--------------------------
Alan Melia wrote:
Hi all, I dont know whether it has occured to anyone else but I find it sad
that "Spam" has generated more messages on this reflector recently than LF
activity. Where are all the LF users?? Its no use saying you've worked
everybody because if the band isnt active then new stations will not be
encouraged to try it. Maybe 136 is doomed to the same fate as 73kHz ??

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]

.