Re: LF: qsl.net again

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: qsl.net again
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:31:52 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Peter Bowyer wrote:

OK, they've now blocked the server I've been re-routing through. I give up. I know the people most affected won't get this - but I can no longer support qsl.net addresses on the blacksheep.org reflectors. They've finally driven us away. If anyone feels like writing to them to ask them why, go ahead. I can't, my only remaining server is blacklisted there. Peter G4MJS

Probably it's not their fault. With most probability they are subscribed to some "blacklist servers", which are servers that collect addresses from which spam has, reportedly, generated. When a mail server, in this case qsl.net, has subscribed to such a blacklist server, all its incoming mail is automatically
filtered according to the blacklisted addresses.

In this specific case, what could be done is to search which blacklist server has listed blacksheep.org, and why... there is the possibility that the SMTP port of blacksheep.org has been used, unknowingly by its administrators, to send unsolicited spam. It happens more often than one could think.

You could go to this page http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup and check whether the IP of your SMTP
server is listed there.

73  Alberto  I2PHD