Re: LF: Dummy-Load on LW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dummy-Load on LW
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:04:52 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
which raises the question I have often wondered about.
When I started in ham radio all coax was post-war surplus 75 ohm. I assumed
in my youth it was to match a free-space dipole !.

When I came back to radio after a thirty-year absence in 1990 all was 50
ohm.

Who,  when and why did someone decide to change to 50 ohm ??

Bryan G3GVB