LF: Solar activity

To: "RSGB LF" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Solar activity
From: "Walter Staubach" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:57:24 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello to All,
     what a great aurora. When coming home (~20UTC) I first listened to 40m. No SSB, only few weak CW-stns. They all had a tone with slow "vibrato".  Then switched to 10m and at first had a SSB-qso with LA5ZN (59), without any aurora. I think that was short-skip. Then - also on 10m - typical aurora qso with ES1QD in cw (59A).
     A qso with SM3RXC could not be completed.
Then used 2m and had qso with GM4BYF (IO85JV), 56A, broad signal, but loud. No more contacts.
After that 5 qsos on 6m, all typical aurora. Here in JN59NO the bands closed around 22UTC.
     The ionogram from Juliusruh (island of Ruegen, Germany) showed only little reflektions 100kms high.
The dynasonde Tromsoe (Norway) showed nothing.
Conditions like that are very seldom here in south Germany.
73  Walter DJ2LF