LF: COnditions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: COnditions
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:28:34 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Best night since Jan here.

The band had the signs of a very good opening. DCF39 flat peaked 55/57 for a lot of my night and was cw audible for all of the period save a few crashes of QRN.

"That" signal on 137,7748 with a similar dcf 39 widish signature reappeared and was always a good sign of Eu conditions last season. Nothing seen from USA east coast overnight.

I had windows open on Ed (137,700.0 or 730?) but nothing seen or I was looking in the wrong spot.

A real time confirmation of transmit freqs would be welcomed!

A certain law beginning with Sierra was invoked when a cap failed on the beacon just as I was "retuning" and conditions were getting good- safe to say the beacon wont be back on the air till later this AK morning when I can source a better pulse 470n that doesnt get hot after a few mins!

Oh I wish we had RS components over here!

Ill have 5 argo receive windows open on the web site a little later

Laurence KL1x, bp41xd
http://www.kl1x.com

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95. https://broadband.msn.com