LF: Re: "RF"-chokes

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: "RF"-chokes
From: "Hugh" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 08:25:10 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Good idea Urban,

But do be careful that the glass doesn't break while prising the plastic
base apart. You could get a bad cut, if holding the glass in one hand and
the screwdriver in the other. Also the tube contains mercury vapour so don't
breathe the gas if it does break (I don't know what the phosphor powder is
made of, but it's probably nasty too!)

I found that many of the components tend to leave their legs behind, in the
board, when you desolder them, on the Philips models I disassembled.

But there was a certain pleasure in dis-membering something that had been
causing me so much interferance on the Argo screen....

73
Hugh M0WYE