LF: ZL6QH beacon on 13 September

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZL6QH beacon on 13 September
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:35:56 +1200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

In one weeks time, ZL6QH will carry out an all-night beacon transmission, on
Saturday 13 September, using the same format as previous times, with 120
second dot length and 0.4 Hz FSK, with transmission codes QQQQQ.... as [hi
hi lo hi key up] as a repeated sequence:
hi = 137.7890 kHz
lo = 137.7886 kHz

We hope to use a DDS exciter, in which case the shift will have fractional
error from rounding to the nearest binary state.  I will see if we can
advise more precise spot frequencies by the end of the week, but in any case
we may drift by to 0.1 Hz with environmental changes (it can get cold at
Quartz Hill, state highway one was closed with snow this week !).

Nomimal sunset at ZL6QH on 13 September is 0600 UTC
Nominal sunrise at ZL6QH is 1830 UTC

We will probably have the beacon running an hour or two before sunset, and
also let it run well past sunrise.

Also ZL6QH will be active for the worked all Europe contest while the LF
beacon is on.

73, Bob ZL2CA