LF: Re: Re: LF tests from Poland

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: LF tests from Poland
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:42:59 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Marek , welcome to the LF reflector...we are glad to listen for you and
understand the difficulties you are going through. I am sure you will soon
overcome them. Please advise us when you are ready to test again. The group
are always keen to work new countries on LF.

You will find that the higher voltage will be a big advantage with the FET
PA. Also ground losses can be very confusing on this band....sometimes it is
better to put more (capacity) loading wire in the air than to bury copper in
the ground. For comparison Joe VO1NA has crossed the Atlantic with 150watts
to a 20m high "T" aerial.....ok that is a water path, but he was a good
signal under the right conditions.

Best wishes de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk/