LF: "resistance is useless"...HHGTT Galaxy

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: "resistance is useless"...HHGTT Galaxy
From: "flo flo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:49:06 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Sorry if this has gone out twice Bill -

Using a scope to get peak voltage and them do the (rms)2/Z sums and such like, Ive come to the impression that my Z out of my Tx isnt exactly 50 ohms! However to cut a long story short - I reckon my total resistance is about 30 ohms at the moment, may be a few ohms less, maybe a couple more. What doesnt lie Im hoping, is the thermocouple readings at one end and the HP6434 V/I meter at the other

Changes include adding about amother 500pf to the top loading - pull and rearranging the load to be away from trees, adding more HV insulators, cutting down the odd tree overgrow, replacing the old variometer with a 8 gauge version, and finally using a autotransformer before the main coil, I think 3c90 core with 14T primary and 13T on towards the variometer, all with 1.5mm2 wires.

Im still having issues with the W@G source on 275KHz - I need to buffer the +10 dBm 600ohm output a bit more as the sig gen is only just clocking the divider chip in the TX - if it doesnt clock properly all sorts of grief happens....

Cheers

Laurence