Re: LF: Re: Re: BBC R4 LW "Frequency Standard"

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: BBC R4 LW "Frequency Standard"
From: "flo flo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:41:50 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
...and R4 is pretty weak here in Alaska too compared with its Eureopean counterparts across the Marche/channel (often some 20-30 dBs stronger) - Ive only managed to listen to cricket test match special on a few occasions - and the freq is shared in an NDB Canadian Beacon some 600 miles south too which doesnt help.

R4 LW 198Khz in Aberdeen Scotland was appauling - and that why they had a MW relay...AM phase and all that...

Given the Power differences in some of the European LW stations R4 is very much weaker than I would have imagined here, but, there are more than one variables that influence signals quality and strength. I presume the R4 LW station doesnt "beam" or does it?

Given the "speed"/sheer of the particles in the ionosphere - and they would have to be moving quite fast; might we not see some blurring of phase from the two locked sources?

Beacon

...and the WD2XDW beacon will be on from 0001Z on around 137.773Khzish until advised. I might get the locked freq source sorted tonight. The matching system is now under cover and no deterioation of aerial current has been seen. Around 2.3 amps.

Laurence - rainy Anchorage