LF: FT- 817 and next trip /TI3

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: FT- 817 and next trip /TI3
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:53:35 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have the same experiences with my 817 and this willl save a lot of lugging 850/870's on my next trip. Talking of which.

Next 137khz short expedition -

Ill will be in Costa Rica /Ti3 for the 6,7th and 8th September doing a repair job to an HF system in the middle of the country for a charity. All things being equial Ill be taking my 136 Khz Ghana portable loop and will attempt to listen for anything from 137.7725 to 137.7750 Khz dot 60 +24hrs I know its a tadge noisey on the farm but I think I can null out some of the QRN/M

Turriabla is surrounded my mountains and two major volcanoes to the North/NW reaching nearly 3,200 m - but its an excellent 160/80m location - the water table is only 10 foot below - this may or may not improve LF reception.

Here Lf conditions continue to be poor but bits of the XDW beacon still being received in California around midnight and pre dawn (thanks Mike).

Laurence
KL1X