LF: T/A July 10/11th

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: T/A July 10/11th
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:02:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, after a couple of "good nights", last night did not show up so well
at my location. Levels from CFH were down and there was some deep fading.
Brian's plot of the shorter path to DCF39 also shows evidence of absorption
still around in the D-layer. I expect this to be a minor set back and hope
that conditions will generally improve over the next couple of nights. The
Kp index has stayed relatively low for a while now. We are about 12 days out
from the last geomag. storm (Kp=6) so most of the effects has died away.
Experience suggests that the best nights are around this time somewhere
around 14 days after the storm.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk/latest.htm for todays prop. report