LF: T/A July 11/12th

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: T/A July 11/12th
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:23:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, thanks for the "plug" Markus. I think there may be one night left
that could provide fair condition before the effects of the major geomag.
storms on 11th and 12th kick in. The Kp index hit 6 on the 11th and 7 in the
early hours of the 12th. This could set conditions back for 10 to 14 days.
Having said that the path from Joe to the UK and Portugal seems fairly
robust, and something of Joe's signal seems to be copiable even in poor
conditions.

I have no CFH plot for last night as I forgot to reconnect the mains power
supply to the laptop I use for logging. The battery will not last through
the night, even with the LCD screen off.....Silly Boy !!

Good Work
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]