LF: Re: stress with xyl

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: stress with xyl
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:09:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Uwe,
We have "allotment gardens". The local council provides small pieces of land
on which to grow vegetables, cut flowers, etc. and my wife has now a number
of these.

Also, you could offer to help with the "pruning". ... it is helpful to know
some gardenling language, like "cut hard back" and "it will shoot out again
next year". Hard pruning is a good way to get rid of aphids on almost any
plant. No plant; no aphids.

I can't understand how the CW abreviation XYL came about. Please check my
sums, but "XYL" is 14 dots and dot-length-spaces and 7 dashes or
inter-character-gaps = 35 dots, but "WIFE" is 13 dots and spaces and 6
dashes or intercharacter gaps = 31, therefore it is quicker to send WIFE
than XYL.
Perhaps it is more "politically correct" - but few of our partners would
appreciate being called Ex- young ladies - they are forever 21 !

Family comes first.

73
Hugh M0WYE