LF: Re: Re: Decca rx.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Decca rx.
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:40:24 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Where's Watford ?

Bryan - Brighton.

-----Original Message-----
From: hamilton mal <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: 14 July 2003 20:03
Subject: LF: Re: Decca rx.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 6:27 PM
Subject: LF: Decca rx.

I've had a request from a Canadian historical group who run an old WW2
destroyer as a museum whether I can find them a Decca Navigator  Mk 5 or
Mk
12. Nothing later since she was taken out of commission in 1970. I have
had
no luck so far in spite of the fact that over 10,000 Mk 12's were built.
There MUST be one around somewhere! Can anyone help? Doesn't have to be
working of course.

Walter G3JKV.

They DID NOT ASK THE RIGHT PERSON. I have a MK12  in MIND CONDX and several
of the later versions up to the version MK 53 that incorporates both LF and
GPS
I also got hold of six 5501 units some time back and mentioned this on this
reflector. I also got a tip off about more units sitting in a scrap yard up
North but no one seemed to be interested. I suppose there is not much
interest in activities north of Watford, in spite of the fact these units
were going for aliminum scrap value.

G3KEV

G3KEV

---