Re: LF: Re: condx - still 17 hours of daylight.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: condx - still 17 hours of daylight.
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:39:25 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 09:27 22/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Now if only a newby to below 1.8 megs.on the list, like me, knew where you were and who you were, what flo flo stood for ,what his call was and on what continent Kodiak Is

Dear Brian,

Laurence is KL1X in Alaska - currently I think he has the distance record for reception of UK 136kHz stations.

DCF39 is a tele-switching station in Germany which transmits a carrier on 138.83kHz, interspersed with FSK data bursts. It has about 40kW ERP, so is a convenient beacon for DX stations, although not so much if you are a DL station! There is extensive info on DK8KW's web pages at http://www.qru.de/dcf39-beacon.html

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU