Re: LF: Ghana test - "Doppler"

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ghana test - "Doppler"
From: "flo flo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:51:12 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
James thanks for this - being "remote" it difficult to know what is normal - ie what DCF39 dot 60 would look like within a stable ground wave. I do get variations in bandwith and the "variable phase return" nature of the signal would explain why it varies as it does. I shall stop calling it mpath/doppler....I should have known!!!

This reflector and the technical responses to comments makes for a good learning curve...

Conditions overnight were noisey - dcf39 nightitme mode has appeared within 2 minutes of each day at around the same level, and was strongly audible at times last night with the obvious interruptions from lightning and a very very noisey frog outside my window.

Signal was "up" at 1938 and down this morning 19th at 0411Z. Flat peaks and slow fades between 2100-0400 with the period 2130-0200 being the strongest averages for Germany/Ghana. Im going to add another screen with faster res to see if I can get shorter averaging and a better idea of peaks.

Its just after 0600Z and the birds are singing/sun shining but nothing on the screen - Im laying bets at which time the D layer will start to act as a reflector this morning...umm..guessing 0832Z..

No signals detected overnight no matter how much I screw my eyes up.

No running water (mains) at the moment but we do have 200 loo rolls...and a bottle of spring water or two. Apologies for the typos but Im trying to swat the mossies and keep on hitting the keys.

Cheers - Laurence plus 35 other staff with Raleigh International Accra

http://www.raleighinternational.org