Re: LF: Re: Way off subject ... and totally batty

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Way off subject ... and totally batty
From: "Bob Eldridge " <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 19:21:11 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Hugh

Has anyone else tried this with their LF/VLF receivers ?

I have put a microphone on my SLM and have been receiving bats. I used a
tiny electret condenser mic capsule on the input of the D2006, with the
usual 1.5V cell and blocking cap to power the capsule. I was able to pick
up
bat sounds up to 55kHz. There were some clicks down at 22.5kHz, and some
twitters around 45kHz. I think they are just the common or garden
Pipistrelle bats.

Bear in mind though that the average microphone is not designed to receive
much above voice/music frequencies.

Bob VE7BS