Re: LF: Re: Top loading - to short or not to short?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Top loading - to short or not to short?
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:15:29 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

To all respondents - Excellent.

Guys,  all responses looked good to me;  When its stopped being windy I
might try to "decouple the tower" method but in the mean time Ive changed
to a single vertical stranded  8 gauge and moved it another meter from the
tower. Ive also shorted the far end of the three wire cap top...I certainly
got some form of "pd" between the wires when I did this but haven't had the
time yet  to check for any resonance changes or whether this is unrelated
to LF. As it is I've not seen anything   of DCF39 on Argo since the last
SIE all is untested, but I must admit that Loran spurs are up a notch.

Ive copied Steve EEE's single Argo screen format for MP and VO1NA capture
on the web site (thanks Steve!)

Pictures of the new feed and support arrangements are on the web site
http://www.kl1x.com/100footer%20005.jpg

Laurence KL1x