LF: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:11:13 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Lots of 73kHz activity today:

My second attempt at QSO with GM0MRF failed as they still have local QRM.
Was being heard by MI0AYZ at similar distance (475km) so not my end.

Had normal CW QSO with G3YXM.

Also worked G3WKL - a comparative newcomer to transmitting on 73kHz -
exchanging 'O' reports on QRSS3.

Good signal from G3GRO in Cornwall, audible at about S4, but they are giving
G3AQC an 'M' report so little chance of them seeing my signals. Looks like
they also have a noise problem.

I know from my own experience in GW, it is much more difficult to set up an
ad hoc station on 73kHz than on 136kHz, so I can sympathise with their
problems.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net