LF: Re: Re: Re: RE: GAIN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: RE: GAIN
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:33:32 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
> I have seen people use 'series' and 'parallel' resonating when talking
about
> loops, but what is the difference - surely if it is a continuous loop
they
> are both the same? Can someone clarify, please.
The difference is in the coupling method. The "series" version uses a
step-down transformer between the transmission line and the loop, with the
low-impedance secondary wired in series with the loop and tuning
capacitor.
The "parallel" version uses a step-up transformer, with the high-impedance
secondary placed across the tuning capacitor.
The performance of the antenna should be the same in either case.
John Andrews, W1TAG

Ah. So it really refers to parallel or series feeding. What about using the
capacitor potential divider method, or the coupling various coupling loop
methods?

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net