LF: Weekend XPEDS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend XPEDS
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:02:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
A sincere thank you to all the intrepid xpeditioneers who set a new record
and made life so interesting, enjoyable and sometines exasperating between
Friday and Tuesday.I
I made no forays onto 136 KHz so cannot comment on how things went there,
but I watched and participated on 73 KHz and managed to complete the
'treble' last night at 1930z.
I had just about given up on G3GRO by then, having called him and called him
and CALLED him all day on an exceptionally noisy band from shortly after
1000z  - but wihout success until I saw the GRO/MRF QSO and tried one last
call.
Fully in keeping with the rest of the days adventures my computer picked the
moment of handover to go to sleep, then go into sulk mode and by the time I
got it rebooted all I saw was what just might have been a Y followed by a
clear Z and then the GRO callsign.
Oh the agony of uncertainty! - but it all came right in the end with 'O'
exchanges and the band beautifully quiet.
Dave, David, Derek, Jim and all the unsung assistants deserve a very
sincere vote of thanks from the rest of us.

73,

Ian MI0AYZ

Might think about an expedition to Rathlin Island myself!