LF: GM4PLM now fully QRV/taking skeds

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GM4PLM now fully QRV/taking skeds
From: "Simon Lewis" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:59:56 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All

David G0MRF has now returned home and left me a present in the form of a
136 KHz transmitter, variable inductor, his trusty bucket'o'wire coil
and we left the antenna up!

After some tests today and some fiddling to get the station into a more
suitable place for permanent operations I am happy to report I am fully
operational on 136 KHz and ready for skeds and more random QSO's

Made a couple of contacts today so the antenna is fully functioning and
still up after the wind of the past few days.

So GM now has a permanent 136K station and glad to see it on the band
again.

Can do hand cw and QRSS if so desired.

Thanks to David I am happy with QRSS and Argo so hopefully will be able
to make some good QSO's

I am particularly interested in making QSO's into EU with many GM - DX
firsts still to be made.

Thanks to David for his patience and company this weekend and great to
be part of the record breaking contact team!

I must also thank him for his generosity in leaving this equipment here
and you can be assured it will in use!

Thanks all and see you on the band

Regards

Simon GM4PLM IO75TL 15km E of Ayr, West Scotland