LF: Re: RE: 73k activity.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: 73k activity.
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:24:14 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 3:21 PM
Subject: LF: RE: 73k activity.

Yes great fun weekend/week HI!

Don't tell everyone about the Tunnocks - they are home grown specialities HI! :-)))

The noise level on 136 has dropped over the past few days - maybe living in the magnetically challenged north over solid whinstone means that I will be affected more by solar activity - it was up to a KP 6 or more over the weekend and indeed a loud aurora was in progress when David arrived here - we listened to 6M auroral CW from GB3LER at 56A - normally inaudible

I will improve the antenna over the summer ready for autumn and try get it higher and perhaps straighter!

Last night I was listening and saw OK1DTN and EA1PX on QRSS so its looks promising although OK1DTN did not seem to see me calling him back.

will be on most evenings - I have an interest in DSP techniques so QRSS will prob be where you will find me!

thanks to Mal G3KEV and Alan G3NYK for help and reports so far, plus some reports from EU to say I have been hrd in DL as well.

I have an excellent site for the US so am interested in skeds if anyone in US wants me to TX overnight

Hi Simon
You are in an excellent QTH for the TA tests. I was going to beam out towards the Atlantic before the Summer arrives with the associated QRN. When propogation looks reasonable we could give it a blast. Alan has some good indicators so he will let us know on here what is happening. I didnt bother this past few months because I was using the antennas for dxing on 160 metres. I have had several good solid QSO'S the previous winter on 136 khz with replies from the USA/CANADA xband on 7025 khz.
Your signal here in Scarborough is the strongest on the 136 khz band.

73 de Mal/G3KEV

regards

Simon GM4PLM