LF: Re: RE: Re: Time difference (Greenige Meaning Time) (Intern)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: Time difference (Greenige Meaning Time) (Intern)
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:25:18 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>

...........and according to Bill Gates we are still one hour ahead of GMT
(GMT+1hour),
I thought GMT is history, the correct is UTC (except on my QSL-cards)
Perhaps Microsoft are still using C for some of their routines. Kernighan &
Ritchie in their book on the C programming language (2nd ed) say, on p256,
with reference to the library call gmtime, that it "converts the calendar
time into UTC. It returns NULL if UTC is not available. The name gmtime has
historical significance". That book was published in 1988.

Regards,
John Rabson G3PAI