LF: re Rugby Radio

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re Rugby Radio
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:04:23 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Walter, thanks for the transcript of the Rugby Radio article. It is the
same material that has been on my web site for a year. I find it amazing how
many people have suddenly come out with articles based on it since my
posting !! I had to retype a very faint "Roneo" type copy, so I guess most
must have used my electronic source as the wording is exactly the same. I
must see if they have the spelling mistake I corrected !! At least this one
does acknowledge the original source, I wonder whether they realise he was a
site engineer. I even believe the article was reissued by BT recently, maybe
that was after my re-type appeared in the Retired Staff's Newsletter.

For anyone interested in the future of the LF traffic, the following URL
describes the PFI that is changing it all.
http://www.mod.uk/dlo/dcsa/organisations/ipts/strs/strsforeword.htm

Not LF I know, but I have just been advised by a member of the British
Vintage Wireless Soc. that they have arranged presentation of  the original
"2LO" transmitter to the Science Museum, and there is a promise that it will
will put on display soon.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]