LF: Propagation

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Propagation
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:57:51 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all I have just received the following from spaceweather.com, and besides
the fact they have typed the wrong date it does not look very promising for
the near future.

-------------------------------------
Space Weather news for April 19, 2003
http://spaceweather.com

Geomagnetic activity surged for a while on Monday, April 28th, when Earth
glided through a solar wind stream. Northern Lights in the United States
descended as far south as Wisconsin. More auroras are possible on May 1st
when our planet is expected to encounter another solar wind stream flowing
from a coronal hole on the sun.

Meanwhile, the sunspot number is rising. The face of the sun is peppered
with active regions--one stretching nearly 10 Earth-diameters from end to
end.  The impressive sunspot group is easy to observe using safe solar
projection methods.

Visit spaceweather.com for images and more information

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]