LF: bandplan

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: bandplan
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:27:09 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
The weekend was hectic with QRS acty all active around the same frequency of 137.7 Khz. Condx were excellent and signals from most very strong and I was able to see UA9OC as early as 1858 utc solid OOO copy and also able to hear him aurally.
There could be some merit in a BANDPLAN to separate the dx from local EU working.
Split freq working an advantage, using the bottom end of the band 135.9 khz for EU and the top end 137.7 khz for DX.
Going up beyond 137.7 khz could be a problem because of the close proximity of DCF and desensing of the RX.especially those with large antennas.
At times over the weekend OH5UFO was getting dangerously close to UA9OC about 5 hz away. The problem being that Reno was S9 plus with me and called CQ all evening, didnt even take a breath !!!!!!!!!!!! and spilling over towards OC.
YU7AR was very strong compared to previous observations, maybe a bigger antenna or better than average condx over this weekend.
At the times I watched UA9OC there was no evidence of fading/QSB as observed by some, he was solid copy all the time.
There was very little normal CW acty but did hear a couple of stns active.
When the USA boys get going on 136 khz and  the band gets cluttered with DX from East and West it might be a good time now to get some sort of Bandplan sorted out, and avoid chaos later.
de Mal/G3KEV