LF: Fm KL!X

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Fm KL!X
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:54:10 -0900
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dear all - LF Conditions deteriorated overnight,   the quasi-peak on DCF39
was at 0030-0130Z when it reached "S6-7" (S7 being a relative strength and
NOT reference to a known -dBm figure) -  then slow QSB into the mush by
0230, and another slight rise to S5  from 0520-0700Z.  S7 was the relative
level that AQC was rx'd a few days ago.
At the same time Central/Southern European bcast LF signals were showing
deep and rapid 1-2 second  multi-path fades and a fair amount of doppler to
2-3Hz. QRN levels were low. Local QRM levels were low - Background noise
was at "S3" for the test period.

DCF39 is and has been visible on Argo for most of the 24 hour period here
over the weekend.

This, my Alaskan morning at 1500Z, 0600 local, pre dawn,  I could only
just detect the  DCF39 data sig using qrss60.

However Northern Scandinavia bcast on 153Khz
(http://www.dxing.info/profiles/norway_nrk_ingoy.dx) was still good at S9
on the offtuned rx system.

I promise to calibrate the rx levels soon - hopefully today.

Thanks to all that tried last night. I should be back on rx this evening.
The tower is being used for safety training by a local Communications
company tomorrow but should be back on by the Eu pre dawn period,

If, it helps, and means more sleep for you. I keep "Echolink" on line thru
these tests - look for KL1X

Laurence KL1X BP41XD Anchorage.
WX overcast -12C